As we ease into September and the anticipated return to the office, Tinder has today announced the revival of Work Mode, a hack which allows workers to inconspicuously maintain WFH swiping habits.
After an in-app survey recently revealed over a third (35%) of Tinder members globally admitted they’re mostly on Tinder when avoiding work, the #1 dating app is helping members transition back to office life by revamping its Work Mode feature so they can continue to swipe confidently - and inconspicuously - at their desk by using the desktop feature.
So while Tinder can’t help you relearn how to walk in heels, wear trousers to meetings, or wake up more than three minutes before your first call, juggling office life with dating just got So. Much. Easier.
How to hack Tinder with Work Mode ‘21?
- Log into Tinder on your desktop computer / laptop
- Start replying to messages, looking for potential matches and clicking left or right.
- If a colleague that you’d rather not share your dating life with approaches click on the mini briefcase in the corner of the screen.
- Like magic your screen switches from your match of the moment to a fake project management tool.
- NB. try to use it in moderation.
Other top tips for balancing office and dating life
- Is your office further away from home than you’d like? Why don’t you increase your maximum discovery distance to increase your chances of seeing profiles of people who work near you. After work drink dates are always a good idea.
- Long commute time? Make sure you get your wifi sorted on the underground (if relevant for your market) so you can ideally reply to your matches on your commute instead of at your desk.
- Your Tinder profile is a great way to share everything you love whether it’s your job, interests, favourite song or your favourite place to grab lunch. So give that profile a spring clean with regular updates and plenty of new photos of you doing what you love. In 2020, Gen Z unapologetically showed off what mattered to them, updating their Tinder bios 3X more often to share more about themselves.
- Don’t want to see your boss pop up in your Tinder stack? We’ve now got you covered. If you have their phone number you can add them to a list of blocked contacts. Their profile will no longer pop up in your stack and you can avoid the awkwardness of a familiar face you would rather not see.
- Make use of those breaks to vibe check with future dates! Vibes is a 48 hour in-app event that gives you a new way to express opinions on everything from whether it’s normal to wear socks in bed to what’s happening in pop culture. Your choices stay on your profile for 72 hours so you can match with people and kick off the conversation with an icebreaker about their love of pineapple on pizza.
- If you’re finding going back to the office and real life just a bit too much, be honest about it on your profile and with your matches as people value authenticity and honesty more than ever before. We found that 57% of 18-25 year olds want to show their authentic selves on Tinder.